Invest in a Healthy Workforce with our
Post Offer Fitness Screening Program
Healthcare workers have among the highest injury rates of any profession – in fact they equal or exceed rates in other industries traditionally considered hazardous, such as material handlers and truck drivers. The post-acute care industry is plagued with both high employee turnover and musculoskeletal injury rates due to the physical demands of the job. As such, many providers have seen a significant rise in their workers’ compensation costs in recent years. For this reason, HealthPRO® has developed a targeted approach using the therapy department to manage a Post Offer Screening program prior to hiring new employees, as well as deliver subsequent treatment. We call this program Workability™ and it offers a proactive, tangible solution to rising workers’ compensation costs due to musculoskeletal injuries using a simple approach.
A Post-Offer Screen (POS) matches a prospective employee’s physical abilities with the specific physical demands of the job, thereby identifying injury risk on the front end to limit the chance that a provider would inherit an injury or hire a person who is physically ill-suited to safely perform the job duties of his/her position. As a result, providers can realize a savings of $6 to $18 for every dollar spent by avoiding costly injuries.
- Increased safety – assuring employees have the physical ability to safely perform the job for which they were hired
- Reduced risk – detecting any potentially undocumented pre-existing injuries that would become your responsibility and cost once an employee begins work duties
- Decreased workers’ comp cost –a significant decrease in injuries, lost work days and injury related expenses
- Increased employee retention and safety
- A great return on investment
To read the full report, download our white paper.
For more information about the Post Offer Screens offered by HealthPRO®, call Dr. Frank Gargano, VP of Outpatient Services or Crista Stark, Senior Vice President at 410.591.2679.